Saturday, November 12, 2011

changing the corners of our home: sea blue


A can of turquoise paint, an old bench, a score in some lovely fabric and my tool belt helper, Cameryn....   and we are off! I picked up this bench at an antique store in Cour D’ Alene, Idaho probably about 10 years ago and wbk! (well before kids). It was in deep need of some TLC at the time of purchase. It was covered in a hideous red velour fabric, that even smelled antique. I have put it through one transformation already. A white can of spray paint and some checkered blue and white fabric fit a baby nursery need. It worked great as a foot rest for my first son’s glider in his nursery.  
My little helper, Cameryn, lives for a tool belt challenge, even though this wasn’t much of one. It was easy breezy. I sprayed painted the bench (my assistant was dying to help in that arena of our project). I covered it with some white fabric and then this medley of fabric. Whala! We have a bench that sits at the end of our bed in the master suite. This color blue seems fitting for a house by the sea.












No comments:

Post a Comment